Well, I guess everyone of us has their own doubts and fears in life, but lemme tell you about my doubts when i was struggling for an answer whether I should go on a mission.
My worries and fears:
1. I can’t do it—> missionary work
2. I’ll be out of my comfort zone, my family, my parents, my dear mama.
3. my friends are progressing while I am away for my mission, what about me??
4. Would i get a good job when I got home?
5. Will I be married?
6. I’ll be 21 by that time, there are lots of things I can do at that age.
7. I have my plans that i wanna accomplish when i reach 21.
8. I’m afraid i might not follow all the mission rules and sent home earlier than expected. wooh, that scared me.
My mama during graduation day 2012. anyways..,,
Those are just some of my fears and worries that i feel when i still don’t know the answer. All of that fears and worry came from Satan, he is happy when we felt those just to stop us from doing the Lord’s work. As i read the scripture in 3 Nephi 13:33,
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.”
I’ve learned to always put God first and to trust Him with all our heart. If we seek his kingdom before anything else, everything will fall into right place and I promise you’ll have a better life. He will never leave us unattended. He will make-up for where we lack. My Heavenly Father is constantly guiding me through the Holy Ghost. I am just so thankful for the gospel I have now and i know we could make a difference in this world in any way we can.
So, these are my thoughts. I know it’s kinda drama, but it’s true.
I’m a Mormon, I know it, I live it. I love it.
Love Desiree ❤